Mobycon is looking for an enthusiastic Integrated Mobility Consultant in the US to support our efforts in North America and beyond.
In this role, you’ll join our small but mighty team of innovative sustainable mobility planners and designers on projects that thoughtfully integrate global best practices into the local context.
For this position you’ll need: (minimum requirements)
- Post-secondary education in urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, civil engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years of relevant experience at a consulting firm. Experience from a local government or other relevant organization will also be considered.
- ‘Plangineering’ project experience in integrated mobility design, policy, and/or planning.
- A demonstrated history of effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record in project management with strong interpersonal skills to interpret client needs and sustain working relationships.
- Clear interest and experience in generating ideas and results in business development.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Capacity to excel in a remote or hybrid working environment, collaborating with clients and partners spanning multiple states and time zones.
You will excel in this position if you are: (preferred requirements)
- Knowledgeable about current transportation practices, policies and design standards in the US and have some understanding of methods in other jurisdictions (e.g. Canada and the Netherlands).
- An experienced capacity builder who enjoys delivering and supporting workshops, interactive community engagement sessions as well as oral presentations for projects, conferences, and events.
- Eager to support clients to meet their goals for context-sensitive innovation.
- Committed to growing and maintaining a network of trusted partners and collaborators.
- Available and willing to travel when necessary (expect travel about 6 times per year).
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Relevant professional accreditation in your field (e.g.AICP).
- Experience using spatial analysis software such as QGIS.
- Proficiency in creating visually stimulating content (i.e., Adobe Suite).
- Work experience on a national or international team.
What we offer you:
We offer you a unique opportunity to work within a highly motivated international team that wants to boost the development of sustainable mobility. Our North American and European teams work together on a daily basis.
Work/life balance is important to us, and our team is our most important asset, so we give you plenty of room for personal development and to grow within Mobycon. The job comes with a competitive salary, room to organize your time flexibly and an individual training budget.
Opportunity for an annual trip to the Netherlands to work alongside our Dutch team members, as well as to our Canadian office in Ottawa.
20 vacation days a year in addition to US state holidays.
Working hours are negotiable between 32 and 40 hours a week.
Space for all
Diversity is critical to our field as it brings further understanding into the different communities in which we work. Therefore, if you bring a different lens, or have a background that enables you to challenge and enrich our views, we welcome that and hope to hear from you.
How to apply
Is this the opportunity that you’re looking for? Send us your cover letter, resume and any other relevant details to Elizabeth Allingham firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2023. For more information about the team and our work please visit mobycon.com or follow us on social media: @mobycon.
Mobycon is a Dutch-American consultancy with over 35 years specializing in developing and implementing innovative and sustainable mobility solutions nationally and internationally. As a multi-disciplinary team of traffic engineers, urban planners, economists, and human geographers, Mobycon delivers diverse, integrated mobility products and consulting services. Our work supports the development of healthy, connected, liveable communities working to reduce car dependence. To learn more about us and our work visit our website: www.mobycon.com