In this role, you’ll join our small but mighty team of passionate sustainable mobility planners. You will work with our colleagues in the US and The Netherlands towards our shared goal of making the world less dependent on the car.
Your role will be part project manager, part content specialist and part business developer. We are looking for a generalist who is not afraid of a challenge and who is driven to help cities create and realize their vision for a sustainable future. Much of our projects are related to active transportation plans, street design and network planning, so any experience in those type of projects is a plus.
Other characteristics of a successful candidate:
- Enthusiastic about being an ambassador for Mobycon in Canada
- Enjoys presenting and workshop facilitation for groups/audiences of varying sizes (digitally and in-person)
- A creative thinker and problem solver for our (future) clients
- Is comfortable liaising between the North-American and Dutch team
- Has experience writing proposals for public/private organizations
- Has project management experience
- Around 10 years of experience in the transportation planning (or adjacent) industry
- Proficient in all the usual software (MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite), but if you have specific skills please do let us know!
What we offer you:
We offer you a unique opportunity to work within a highly motivated international team that wants to boost the development of sustainable mobility. Our North-American and European teams work together in an integrated way, and not just remotely, with a fully paid annual visit to the Netherlands
Our team is our most important asset, so we give you plenty of room for personal development and to grow within Mobycon. Of course the job comes with a competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions, such as plenty of room to organize your time flexibly and an individual training budget.
Work/life balance is important to us. Working hours are negotiable between 24 and 40 hours a week.
Our office is based in Ottawa, where we have a studio space in Centretown, but part-time working from home is also encouraged.
Space for diversity:
Diversity is critical to our field as it brings further understanding into the different communities in which we work. Therefore, if you bring a different lens, or have a background that enables you to challenge our views, we welcome that and hope to hear from you.
Are you interested?
If you’re excited about the idea of joining our global team, then send your cover letter, resume and any other relevant details to David Wansink: email@example.com. For more information about the team and our work please visit mobycon.com or follow us on social media: @mobycon.