Why join Mobycon?
At Mobycon we help develop customized mobility solutions inspired by our 30+ years of experience operating in the Netherlands and abroad. Our multidisciplinary teams in the Netherlands, Canada and the United States work together every day to support our clients and partners on transformative mobility projects. As a member of our team, you will have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects in the areas of planning, policy, design and capacity building. Join our dynamic team of international colleagues as we expand our impact in North America!
For this position you’ll need:
- Post-secondary education in urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, civil engineering or a related field
- At least 3-4 years of relevant experience at a consulting firm, government or other relevant organization
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team with minimal supervision
You will excel in this position if you are:
- Knowledgeable about relevant transportation policies and design standards in Ontario and Canada and have some understanding of standards in other jurisdictions (e.g. other Canadian provinces, the US and the Netherlands)
- A collaborator that enjoys working across disciplines and time zones to deliver great work for clients
- Proven abilities in project management and organization with strong analytical skills
- Comfortable delivering oral presentations for projects, conferences or training sessions
- Eager to stay ahead of trends in the industry
- Committed to growing and maintaining a trusted network of partners and collaborators
- Available and willing to travel when necessary
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Relevant professional accreditation in your field (e.g. P.ENg, RPP, OALA, etc)
- Experience using spatial analysis software such as ArcGIS
- Proficiency in creating visually stimulating content (i.e. Adobe Suite )
- Experience using CAD software to develop designs at a concept level
- Work experience on a national or international team
- US project experience
- Additional languages e.g. French, Dutch etc.
- Have lived, worked, or traveled to the Netherlands
What we offer:
- A challenging and rewarding position working on a range of projects within the rapidly changing field of integrated mobility
- An international team environment composed of colleagues in Ottawa, the US and the Netherlands
- The opportunity to serve the needs of our trusted clients, partners and collaborators across North America.
- Options to work from our centrally located Ottawa office or to make use of virtual tools that will allow remote work as required to get the job done
- Work life balance through flexible work arrangements, generous vacation time and family-friendly work schedules
- A competitive salary customized to your unique skills, experience and expertise.
- A flat organizational structure which strikes a balance between supportive team members and the freedom to focus on delivering high quality outcomes for our clients and partners
Are you interested?
To be considered for this position on our global team, please send your cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is Friday, August 23. Interviews are anticipated for early September. Tell us why you’re interested in working for Mobycon and how you’d make a meaningful addition to our growing team!
Mobycon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusivity lead to better outcomes. It is for this reason that we actively seek out diversity in the way we work, who we hire, the people we engage and the partners we do business with. By doing so, we deliver inclusive mobility solutions that put people first.
Due to the high number of applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information about the team and our work please visit mobycon.com or follow us on social media via @mobycon.