In this role, you’ll join our small but mighty team of sustainable mobility planners and designers on projects that integrate Dutch thinking to support local innovation.
For this position you’ll need:
- Post-secondary education in urban planning, landscape architecture, urban design, civil engineering, or a related field.
- 7 years of relevant experience at a consulting firm. Experience from a local government or other relevant organization will also be considered.
- ‘Plangineering’ project experience in integrated mobility design, policy, and planning
- A proven track record in project management
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
You will excel in this position if you are:
- Knowledgeable about relevant transportation policies and design standards in Ontario and Canada and have some understanding of standards in other jurisdictions (e.g., the US and the Netherlands)
- A collaborator that enjoys working across disciplines and time zones to deliver great work for clients
- Proven abilities in project management and organization with strong analytical skills
- Comfortable delivering and supporting workshops, interactive community engagement sessions and oral presentations for projects, conferences, and events
- Eager to stay ahead of trends in the industry
- Committed to growing and maintaining a network of trusted partners and collaborators
- Available and willing to travel when necessary (expect travel about 6 times per year)
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Relevant professional accreditation in your field (e.g. P.ENg, RPP, OALA, etc)
- Experience using spatial analysis software such as ArcGIS
- Proficiency in creating visually stimulating content (i.e., Adobe Suite)
- Work experience on a national or international team
What we offer you:
We offer you a unique opportunity to work within a highly motivated international team that wants to boost the development of sustainable mobility. Our North American and European teams work together on a daily basis.
Work/life balance is important to us, and our team is our most important asset, so we give you plenty of room for personal development and to grow within Mobycon. The job comes with a competitive salary, room to organize your time flexibly and an individual training budget.
Working hours are negotiable between 32 and 40 hours a week.
Office and Working Hours
Our office is based in downtown Ottawa, but part-time working from home is also encouraged if this helps maximize your productivity.
Diversity is critical to our field as it provides greater understanding of the varied needs of the different communities in which we work. If your experience brings a different lens, or you have a background that enables you to challenge and enrich our views, we welcome it and hope to hear from you.
How to apply
Is this the opportunity that you’re looking for? Send us your cover letter, resume and any other relevant details to Elizabeth Allingham firstname.lastname@example.org by November 17, 2022. For more information about the team and our work please visit mobycon.com or follow us on social media: @mobycon.